Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ramble-ations

I haven't even been in Seattle for a month and I already have the barcode on my library card memorized (hey, you need it to place holds and listen to books on tape online (See previous post for "book on tape" accuracy discussion)). What does this say about me as a person? (Other than, "I like the library.")

Job Interview Complaint of the Day: If the job you're hiring for is part time and so crazily part time that it's less than 16 hours a week, shouldn't you mention that in your job listing/over the phone when setting up said interview/at the beginning of an interview? Guess not.

Job Interview "Hooray" of the Day: I've never been so happy to turn down pay and health care. I went for a second interview with a company I wasn't too sure about. By the end of the interview I realized the people there were really really nice, the pay was good, I had the skills to do the job...and I absolutely DID NOT want to work there. Suffice to say I just knew that it wasn't for me. As soon as I decided not to pursue the job I felt about 1000 lbs lighter and I couldn't stop smiling. I put my happy music on, drove home, and had a great day. I don't like job hunting, but I was SOOOOOO happy to go back to it. I know, I'm crazy.


I got my hair cut today, it's back in shape, short 'n' sassy. I look pretty dang adorable if I do say so myself.

No comments: