Saturday, August 2, 2008

"You May Travel Far But Love's Never Lost"

In a few hours I begin the final leg of my journey to Seattle! I'm scared out of my mind! And beyond excited. Pray for my mental and physical health on the journey and for a smooth moving-in process. Also pray for the whole friend-making thing. I'm terrified to try and find friends in a non-school setting. How do you do it if you're not living and going to classes and eating with people day in and day out? HOW? Add my hidden crippling lack of self-esteem and internal terror of everyone and it's going to be an exciting process. I'm so glad I'll have Liz and Tex and Caitlin!

I've been at home for a few weeks visiting my family and friends before heading up. I forget how much I love my Sacramento friends: we've got a beautiful kind of relationship where no matter how long it's been since the last time we talked, when we see each other awkwardness isn't an issue--all it is is pure fun. This is good for me considering how much I dislike talking on the phone. If I've ever made the effort to call you on the phone to chat--even once--it's a sure sign that I love you. I wish they'd all move north with me. Alas. On the plus side I know I'll see them all again at the beginning of October for Maria's wedding. Speaking of which, I'm thoroughly bummed that I'm missing both the bridal shower and the bachelorette party. Heartbreak much? Oh that flying weren't so expensive, I'd do it in a minute.

My family also took a three day trip to Yosemite and Tahoe. It just doesn't seem like it would be summer without at least Tahoe. The two places were gorgeous and we were blessed with perfect weather which is amazing considering that mere days after we left fires broke out near there and the area was FILLED with ridiculous amounts of smoke, so I've heard. P.S. When Yosemite says a trail is wheelchair accessible, that is not necessarily true...unless you're REAAAAALLY lookin' for a workout.

































And with that, I wish California well and head off to the great northern climes of Washington. I'll try and keep y'all updated on my whereabouts and doin's. I'm going to miss you, CA people, but we shall meet again. Love you.

1 comment:

Kara said...

hooray for tahoe--why can't we be in the same place at the same time? hopefully you make it to seattle today safe and sound!