Monday, August 4, 2008

Washington, Schmashington

Well, kids, I'm in Washington. I left Sacramento at 11:30am on Saturday and arrived at my new home approximately in the 6pm hour on Sunday with nary a tragedy between. Saturday night I did end up having to stay in a more expensive hotel than I thought because apparently Eugene, OR is REAL popular, but it was comfy. Sunday I slept until 9 and had a leisurely morning and an uneventful drive except for when a giant gas grill set flew off of the truck in front of me and landed on the road. When my car and the grill came to a stop we were about a foot from each other. ADVENTURE! I ate lunch at a Taco Bell that had the most poorly constructed burrito I'd ever seen and tacos that tasted strongly of cinnamon twists and very little of beef.
POORLY CONSTRUCTED YET TASTY BURRITO

At one point I noticed a large dome poking above the treeline and decided to investigate only to find that it was my new state capitol! So I took a gander and it was lovely.

THE DOME

YOUR SEAL IS CUTE, WA, BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE A BEAR ON IT. CA WINS THIS ONE.


YOU PROBABLY CAN'T READ IT, BUT THIS BUILDING IS CALLED THE "TEMPLE OF JUSTICE". SWEET.

And finally I reached my new house--it's adorable! Seeing Liz makes my heart happy, I haven't seen her in person in a year! (More pictures later). Noah and Rayna (hmmm, I have no idea how to spell her name, I'll have to find out...) came down from Anacortes for various reasons and we went out for dinner at a sushi restaurant (Noah can eat a LOT) and went to see The Dark Knight (well, for me it was again, but it was so good I didn't mind seeing it a second time!) and then ate organic desserts right from the bakery box. All in all, a good first evening in Washington. Now, to unpack my car...


2 comments:

Melissa said...

darcy! i has found your blog. at first i thought that picture of the burrito was a diaper. but you probably didn't want to know that. i hope your unpacking is fun! i had fun unpacking into my new room in carp recently. your bookshelf is amazing, by the way. it and all the books on it make me happy.

Melissa said...

oh and i also have a blog, if you care to see: xanga.com/melissamatilda