Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Updatey Randomness

Let's update, shall we? Come friends, as I try to recall what I've been doing since I got up here. Oh yes, looking for a job. Not thrilling. Not productive, thus far, but I have hopes that I'm not completely unemployable. The internet at the house is crotchety, so I've been here at the library a lot. It's a cute little place and only a few blocks from my house. Sweet.

I joined the Seattle Symphony Chorale, about which I am very pleased. I was shaking during my audition (hey, I sing in a choir to AVOID singing by myself) but managed not to catastrophically screw up. So now I'm in and we're singing Mahler's 8th Symphony in a month. They move fast here in the northwest.

I found a figure drawing group online. The people host various drawing events throughout the year--different days, different places around town, types of models, etc. Sadly, I apparently missed "Drawing Burlesque" which actually would have been AWESOME. There is a session this Saturday which I plan to attend--hopefully I'll get a job soon so I can support this habit in a regular fashion--translation: these models don't get naked for free.

Rain. Actually, up until this weekend it was consistently gorgeous here. However, for the past two days it has been grey and rainy. Goodness GRACIOUS, I love the rain.

Otherwise....

ELIZABETH THE FAIR: GUARDIAN OF HEARTH AND HOME


This is my housemate Elizabeth. This is my housemate Elizabeth standing before the portal to our current abode. Isn't she adorable? At the top of the stairs is a tiny landing which has been turned into a "porch" by the addition of a chair--one of those gliding rockers. Last week I sat out on the "porch" while knitting and listening to a sermon from Reality (I miss that church! God bless the podcast). It was all very rural of me. Next time, I'm listening to A Prairie Home Companion.



THIS IS ONE OF OUR CHICKENS. I WILL CALL HER GERTRUDE.


Yes, we have chickens. Sweet, huh? Very entertaining to draw. Occasionally we get eggs. They also make very strange noises and one of them has a gimpy leg so she walks with a limp--but not a cinematically entertaining, stiff-legged, cane-assisted one like Christopher Walken in The Dead Zone. We should be so lucky.


BLUE-COLLAR LIVIN'

The owners of the house are having some work done around the place. This fun piece of equipment was related to the trees they recently took out. Elizabeth and I, of course, wasted no time hopping on for a photo shoot as soon as the workers left--some sort of illegal?


SO EXCITED TO BE CRUSHED


The backhoe had some of the sweetest warning signs ever. In this one, he's being pinched to death. In another he is electrocuted when the backhoe gets tangled in power lines. In yet another the backhoe rolls over and crushes him. Stick figure people lead dangerous lives.

I'M ROYALTY, BITCH

That's right, I got a Burger King crown. For free. Eat your heart out.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

lol i used to get burger king crowns all the time for free in japan. =)

you have CHICKENS