Monday, August 11, 2008

I Have A Gold Medal In...Laziness?

1) I love the soothing feel of knitting. It's addictive.
2) I'm really not good at teaching knitting. I hope Liz doesn't fire me.
3) I completely forgot that when you move into a new place you ALSO pay a security deposit.
4) My bank account is displeased with my aforementioned forgetfulness.
5) I have watched many many hours of Olympics recently. It's tragically addictive--they show you snippets of one sport, and switch to another right in the middle; so you think, "Well, I'll wait 'til so an so comes back on" then get hooked on the current sport regardless of what it is.
6) There's a 33 year old mother on the German women's gymnastics team. Too cool.
7) Synchronized diving--how the flip do they DO that?
8) Did anyone else see the frickin' AMAZING win for the US men's relay swim team? HOLY CRAP!!! I actually jumped up and down. However, my reaction was nothing compared to Michael Phelps' screaming 300-esque freak out. Fabulous.
9) Above kick-ass win is second only in my Olympic memories to Keri Strugg's vaulting-on-a-mangled-ankle ass kickery from days of yore.
10) Wow, I haven't watched the Olympics in a long time--there was a day when I at least knew the names of every girl on the gymnastics team. Now I have no idea who any of them are--but I'll still cheer for them.

2 comments:

kara and kalin said...

dang lady...about half of your numbered thoughts (esp . about the olympics) were running through my head. german mom, kerri strug(who could forget). everyone was screaming for the relay that I couldn't watch the last 8/100th of a second. why are the olympics so awesome--because of crap like that. I LOVE IT. I miss you and liz!

joanna said...

Shewt. Our brains match.