Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Smattering of Things

Things Noted At Tonight's Choir Rehearsal:

1) There is someone in the other choir who laughs just like Brian Jensen. I have not yet been able to determine who it is. The mystery continues.

2) I have no idea where the conductor's down beat is. Ever. Seriously, I think he picks a differnt place to put it every 3-7 measures just to keep us on our toes. Not a fan, dude, not a fan (and I'm not the only one).

3) There is a 1 1/2 measure series of notes in the piece that sounds EXACTLY like the theme song from Batman: The Animated Series and I laugh every time I hear it. I have also drawn the Bat signal by it each time it occurs in the score. I hope someone in the audience picks it out.

4) I walked through a pocket of smell backstage that smelled EXACTLY like a copy of the book Brighty of the Grand Canyon by Margurite Henry which I owned as a child. I have no idea what backstage smelled like that and I have no idea why I remember the book smell so exactly.

5) Boychoirs are adorable. They're probably better musicians now at age 10 than I'll ever be. Of course, I guess it's not really cool to be a boy soprano when you're in junior high, but I applaud you, tiny singers, keep a-rockin'.

No comments: