Thursday, September 25, 2008

More Things Noted At Choir Rehearsal

1. One of the cellists has an incomparable white man fro. Really, it takes my breath away.

2. Another string player has the longest beard I have ever seen on a human being. He could literally tuck it into his belt if he so chose. Kudos, Sir, you are truly a champion of the beard.

3. When emphatically conducting the director hisses loudly. I'm not sure if this is a way of focusing his energy or if it is simply physics: with such wild flailing his poor diaphragm gets squeezed around so much he can't help but force out air. Whatever the case, I can hear it over the orchestra. Interesting.

4. I was doing a crossword puzzle during some down time. The clue: "Bethlehem product." Oh, how dearly I wish the answer had been "Jesus".

1 comment:

Jon said...

Steel. I think that's the answer to the crossword clue.

Also you might have witnessed a he-ro. A Hebrew Afro, or a jew fro.