Thursday, September 11, 2008

September Is Almost Half Over...Holy Crap!

So I didn't get a job I really wanted, which is sort of disheartening. I'm trying to go with the whole, "It wasn't meant to be, something better will come along" philosophy because I did try my hardest and did very well in my interview and the lady even said I impressed her, but still. I think I would have liked working there and would have done well. Not to mention the whole bank account thing...oy.

I did, however, get a new cell phone. I suppose that after three years it was time? Of course, being who I am, the reason I like the phone isn't all the wacky stuff it can do, but the fact that it's nice and square and just the perfect weight and I like holding it.

In better news I spent this weekend camping with Liz's family and had a blast. 7 adults went and brought along 4 children between the ages of 1 and 5. This equals adventure. I haven't been around children that much in a long time but they were all great kids. There was much silliness and adorable speech impediments. One of the best parts was Liz's nephew singing to himself in the tent after he was put to bed. We all got really quiet and listened to his song: "I'm not a baby/I'm just Jonah/Everyone is a boy or a girl/1,2,3,4,5,6/1 boy/1 girl/boy, girl, boy, girl, boy, girl..." Best song ever. Also, one boy couldn't remember my name, so Liz's sister said to just call me "Mrs. D" (like an elementary school teacher) which caught on real well. I guess I'm Mrs. D now? I didn't even know I was married--good for me!



No comments: