Monday, September 13, 2010

CraftFest 2010

Kara!!!
Kalin!!!!

Mochi!!!!


These are the faces of CraftFest 2010.  I went to Denver for the Labor Day weekend to see Team Lundquist and their mascot extraordinaire, Mochi.  We ate, crafted, ate, crafted, slept, and put the cycle on repeat.  So many delicious things, so much crafting, so much Degrassi marathon as background noise.  I love these two kids.  We also saw Lindsey and Nate Ballinger and their gigantic furry dog child Angel, who was incredibly huge and incredibly sweet and it was incredibly funny to see her and Mochi "play". 

Kara took me to The Fancy Tiger, an amazing little craft shop.  Maybe too fancy for every day use, but they had AMAZING fabric and BEAUTIFUL yarn.  I conned Kara into making me a case for my circular needles (she previously made a glorious one for my double pointeds).  I was seriously torn over the fabric choices but finally settled on Lizzy House's RIDICULOUSLY cute Castle Peeps pattern in brown as the base of the case with the green town print for pockets.  Kara supplied the lovely button and the skills.

I don't know if you can see, but the dude on the left is totally playing a lute and singing.


I knit Kate Davies' owlet sweater in a beautiful autumn red Spud and Chloe yarn (55% superwash wool, 45% cotton so it can go in the washer!) for my friend Maria's baby daughter.  I love the S&C motto: "Sweet yarns for real life". 


I haven't blocked it yet, so it still looks a little frumpy.  I also haven't added eyes.  You're supposed to use buttons, but buttons on a baby sweater seem dangerous, so I have to decide if I just want to sew 'em on real good or maybe stitch on some little eyes in a different color.  (Next I plan to knit a larger one in grey for her older daughter.  Then finally a full-size one for myself!)  Even Kalin got in on the fun, doing some paper craft.  Alas, I did not get a picture of the bitchin 3D robot he brought into existance.

And that, my friends, is the story of CraftFest 2010.  Now accepting applications for 2011 craft- and food-centric awesomeness.

1 comment:

Kara said...

yay for everything about craft fest! I'm so excited it happened. Next year - crawling under blankets in the cold. spiked coffee drinks? ok. sounds good, see you in 2011 (well, hopefully before that..)