Monday, February 15, 2010

My Name is Darcy, and I'm a Stephen King-aholic

I just finished the novel Lisey's Story by Stephen King and thought it was time to take stock of which books of his I have read (far more than I realized). If I recall it all started with The Shining in the 8th grade...
  1. Bag of Bones
  2. Carrie
  3. Cell
  4. Christine
  5. Cujo
  6. Danse Macabre
  7. The Dark Half
  8. The Dead Zone
  9. Desperation (read at least 4 or so times)
  10. Dreamcatcher
  11. Dolores Claiborne
  12. Everything's Eventual
  13. Firestarter
  14. Four Past Midnight
  15. The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
  16. Insomnia
  17. It (read 3 times)
  18. Just After Sunset
  19. Lisey's Story
  20. The Long Walk
  21. Misery
  22. Needful Things
  23. Night Shift
  24. Nightmares & Dreamscapes
  25. Pet Sematary (read twice)
  26. The Regulators
  27. Salem's Lot (read twice)
  28. Skeleton Crew
  29. The Shining (read at least 3 or 4 times)
  30. The Stand (read at least 4 or 5 times)
  31. Under the Dome

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love to read, too. Mostly True Crime (Ann Rule) and non fiction. But I loved Sara Gruen's Riding Lessons and Flying Changes which are the same story part's one and two.
Did you like Lisey's Story?

Stickfigure Darcy said...

Lisey's Story was interesting - one of those King books that I couldn't put down, then finished and thought, "I THINK I enjoyed that..." I thoroughly enjoyed Lisey's character and her sister Amanda. I wish there had been more of her husband's experiences, but that would have defeated the purpose of the book, I suppose - Lisey discovering it all and reliving it from her own memory and perspective. Overall, pretty darned good.