Monday, September 26, 2011

So We Meet Again, Autumn

Friday was the first day of fall, if I remember correctly, but yesterday was the first day here that FELT like fall to me.  It was sunny but not terribly warm, you could see some of the leaves were starting to change color, and it was RIDICULOUSLY windy (a rather blustery day) so there were also leaves blowing around on the ground.  This morning I woke to the sound of pouring rain and right now I'm wearing boots and I've got tights on under my skirt.  Hello, Fall. 

I know I'm supposed to be sad about summer ending, but I'm just STOKED.  I know we'll get our back and forth weather, we'll probably have some more really warm sunny days, but I'm excited for fall!  I'm excited to cook fall food (so much more fun than summer food - STEW!) and to knit fall things (I've got a sweater to finish up and a new sweater pattern I'm jazzed about) and to wear fall stuff (must remember to get my yellow coat cleaned).  Now I just need to remind myself to fight off the urge to fall entirely into hibernation. 

No comments: