Monday, August 9, 2010

Vacation Exhaustion

I am back from a week long vacation with The Fam through Seattle and the Cascades and with Casey in So Cal. I am thoroughly wiped out. Today is my first day back at work and I started the morning at a coffee shop (COFFEE! CAFFEINE! LIFEBLOOD!) doing a brief interview as part of a background check for one of my friends/guy I once dated who apparently needs to get security clearance for his job. It made me feel vaguely important (I know someone who needs security clearance!) and laugh a lot because I was asked questions regarding any questionable activities, unexplained absences while abroad, hate groups he's involved in, run-ins with local or international police, trouble crossing borders, etc. My friend is one of the nicest, most honest, upright people and my facial expressions must have been really entertaining because the thought of him being a hate-filled, sneaky criminal was so ludicrous I had to refrain from laughing several times. Also, the interviewer obviously doesn't know me and has basically a check-list, but it was interesting to be asked questions implying that I might knowingly dating someone who participated in questionable, illegal activities and hate groups.

More about vacation later, possibly even some pics. For now, work, and then sleep. Much more sleep.

No comments: