Thursday, October 9, 2008

Young Lady With the Socks on Her Hands

I rode the bus today and feel very good about it. Gosh, I just love public transportation!

PLEASANTLY BALD GUY AT 3RD & PIKE STOP

A lady next to me was having a very pleasant conversation with herself. Not the kind where the person is yelling at someone nonexistent, it was almost as if she were talking on the phone with a good friend (I checked, no ear piece and no cell unless they were invisible). She was talking very softly and happily about the arrival of Christmas and the beauty of nature and how wonderful it was. I wandered around downtown a bit and stopped at Pike's Market for a few minutes where a young guy selling various pastas shouted, "You, young lady with the socks on her hands! Come try some chocolate pasta!" I like my arm warmers.

"GEE, WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN KNITWEAR?"

In other news, I'M EMPLOYED!!! With job! Having of a place to go Monday-Friday 40 hours a week!

HOORAY FOR ME!!

That's right, I'm finally going to return to the status of "Gainfully Employed". I interviewed Thursday morning and by Thursday afternoon I was hired.
"I'm hiiiiired/I hope I don't get fiiiiiired/In 30 years I'll be retired/But for now I'm simply hiiiiired" - MST3K
Apparently they actually canceled other interviews they had planned because they liked me so much (they said I was "sharp" and they liked my enthusiasm). So starting Monday I'll be doing the 8:30-5 thing (not quite the ring of 9-5 but I'm going for honesty). It's nice because the place is so very close to my house that in nice weather I can bike there and even if I drive I'll be using very little gas. Tomorrow I see about taking the bus there. Hooray! I'm employed!!! Now i guess I won't have to spend my days winding my miscellaneous yarn into center-pull balls...actually, that's kind of sad. Oh well--I HAVE A JOB!

I LEAD A SMALL BUT HAPPY LIFE


No comments: