Friday, May 6, 2011

Spilling Hope: Do it do it DO IT!!

So, for Spilling Hope this year (check it out, it's awesome) I'm limiting my spending on food.  I did a quick review of my April expenditures and let me tell you, I was a little revolted with myself.  I spent a ridiculous amount and not just eating out, but on regular groceries, too.  Now, I love food, I love making food and trying new food and just plain ol' stuffing my face, but I could do a lot better.  I don't plan ahead, so I buy whatever I feel like at the store, then forget what's in my fridge/cupboards/freezer and food goes to waste or I think I've got nothing so I eat out or go shopping when I could actually combine things already there to make something spectacular.

I WILL BE A BETTER STEWARD OF MY FOOD MONEY!!!  It should help me get creative, which will be fun, and maybe even help push me towards a better diet in general.  Can't argue with that!

Liz and I signed up for one of those programs where you regularly receive a box of organic produce.  We're getting one every other week and even though we started with the small box, it's pretty chock full o' stuff in great variety, so I'm looking forward to seeing what I can build around that.  I'm also having fun reading a blog my sister turned me on to for inspiration, Poor Girl Eats Well.  She's got some crazy awesome recipes, a semi-regular feature called the $25 Shopping Cart, and just a pleasant writing voice that makes it fun to read.  Can't wait to try some of her recipes.

No comments: