Thursday, November 10, 2011

Everything Makes Me Hungry Always

As you well know, I am basically a stomach shaped like a human being.  I. Love. Eating.  Everything makes me hungry.  If something random pops out of my mouth, chances are pretty good it was something like, "I really want a taco!" in the middle of a conversation having nothing to do with tacos.  I also love reading.  And I absolutely love it when authors describe the food and even preparation methods.  My sister and I agree that Farmer Boy is one of the best books in the Little House on the Prairie series and this is due largely in part to the massive quantities of food that are described in such a delicious fashion that you WANT IT ALL NOW when reading (mmmmm, flapjacks covered in butter and melting brown sugar; hand made ice cream; pies! pies! pies!).  Now I've discovered (thanks to the AMAZING www.io9.com) a website called Fictional Food, "a blog dedicated to both cooking fictional food and posting about fictional food around the internet."  It's currently mostly food from The Hunger Games and includes recipes for some of the items.  Most notably, the lamb stew with plums that made repeated appearances in the series as Katniss' favorite Capitol food.  I REALLY wanted to try it when reading about it, and here it is!  It's nice to know that other people get as hungry as I do when they're reading, and also that they've got WAY more initiative than me.

No comments: