Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Several Weeks, Several Things

  • Boating to happy hour with friends on a PERFECT evening.
  • Babysitting a toddler was really fun.  The zoo was quite an excursion.  Children are filthy little creatures and now I'm sick.  Hooray.
  • Wild Waves for the first time - water slides, sun, roller coasters, soft serve and Icees.
  • Chiropractors are awesome.  It's very satisfying to have your spine snapped around, and I need it - apparently my spine is all kindsa wonky.
  • Attempts at challa bread from the food processor.  Attempt 1: fail.  Attempt 2: success.  I've never had much of a desire to bake, but something about bread is so very, very appealing.
  • The carrots in my garden are crazy huge, I must eat them soon.
  • The tomatoes are finally starting to ripen, maybe one a day.  I've eaten a few and they're ridiculously sweet.  I forgot how AMAZING tomatoes straight from the vine are - you can taste the sun.
  • Bookcase Debacle: black stain is VERY unpredictable.  Disappointed with the results, so I've sanded & primed it, now I'll try PAINTING it black.  The roomie said it will be the most impervious bookcase: pre-stain, two coats of stain, a primer, and then 1 or 2 coats of black paint.  It will last through the apocalypse.  It better work or I'm gonna burn that mother to the ground.
  • CraftFest2011!!! Kara and Yo are coming to Seattle THIS WEEK! I will see them THIS WEEK!  And we will craft.  And we will eat.  And we will be awesome.

No comments: