Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful...

Today I had my first ever official SNOW DAY. I was so excited!!! It snowed last weekend but that disappeared pretty quickly. When I woke up this morning Liz was sitting in the living room in her jammies--usually she's out the door by the time I'm out of my room. I looked out the window--snow! Lots of snow. Nothing last night and this morning when I woke, a lovely blanket of white. I scraped the snow off my car (White Christmas came on the radio at that exact moment--providence) and drove to work only to find no one there. With no key to get in, I drove to a park near us and sat around for a little bit. Intersting Fact: It is incredibly amusing to watch a crow try to walk through snow up to it's chest. Crows are funny enough when they're strutting around unencumbered, but with snow--pure genius. Interesting Fact 2: Seagulls like to catch snowflakes on their tongues, too. I witnessed it with mine own eyes. I drove back by work to check and my boss was there. However, it was only the two of us and by the time we'd worked our way through one pot of coffee and marveled at the snow STILL coming down, she said, "You're done, go home." Hooray! Snow day! Home I went (it was also my first time ever driving in snow--I was so proud of me). Dang, I would have loved to have a snow day when I was little.

If you live inside my head you know how happy snow makes me. You also know how happy Seattle makes me. Combine the two and it was unbearable levels of happiness--heart hurty happiness. I grinned all the way home. Watching snow makes me feel overjoyed and at the same time peaceful, it was wonderful. I'm actually sad this is sort of fluke weather (it was the ONLY thing on the news aaaaaaaaall day long). I say that because I've never LIVED in snow, lived through several months of its constant presence. If that happened I'd probably complain a lot and grouch about it. As it stands, though, I already miss it even though it's not gone. I almost get a white Christmas--almost.


I took a lot of pictures, but I can't seem to find the cable that connects my camera and, thusly, said pictures to my computer, so you'll have to imagine and maybe I'll get them up soon.

*Siiiiigh* Oh, snow, I love you.